A Marketing & PR (Public Relations) business is a type of company that specializes in helping other businesses promote and market their products or services to their target audience.
Marketing involves creating a strategy to identify the target audience, determining the most effective communication channels, and developing promotional materials such as ads, brochures, and digital content.
PR involves managing a business’s relationship with the public and media. This includes creating and maintaining a positive image, managing crises, and engaging with customers through various channels.
A Marketing & PR business will typically offer a range of services to clients, such as market research, branding, advertising, social media management, event planning, and media relations. The goal of these services is to help the client build brand awareness, increase customer engagement, and ultimately drive sales.
For example, the business would conduct market research to identify the target audience, and develop a branding strategy. This includes creating a unique brand identity and managing social media channels. Advertising campaigns would be created to run across various platforms such as TV, radio, and social media, along with planning and executing events such as product launches and partnerships. Media relations would be established, and a crisis communication plan created. The Marketing & PR Business would continue to monitor the market and adjust its strategy to ensure the company grows and reaches its target audience.
7020.01 – Marketing, Public Relations & Communication Consultancy
A Marketing, Public Relations & Communication Consultancy provides advice, guidance, and operational assistance to businesses and organizations on various management issues. This may include activities of management consultants such as strategic and organizational planning, financial decision-making, marketing objectives and policies, human resource policies and planning, production scheduling and control planning, and more.
Additionally, the Consultancy may offer services related to public relations and communication, such as developing and implementing communication strategies, crisis management, and media relations. They may also engage in lobbying activities on behalf of their clients.
Furthermore, the Consultancy may provide services related to accounting methods, cost accounting programs, and budgetary control procedures, and offer advice and assistance to businesses and public services in planning, organizing, and improving efficiency and management control. They also offer advice and help to businesses and public services in planning, organization, efficiency and control, management information etc.
Overall, a Marketing, Public Relations & Communication Consultancy serves as a strategic partner to businesses and organizations, helping them achieve their goals and improve their performance through expert advice, guidance, and operational assistance in various management areas.
A Marketing, Public Relations & Communication Consultancy excludes the following business activities:
- Design of computer software for accounting systems: They specialize in marketing, public relations, and communication, and may not have the technical knowledge required to develop accounting software.
- Legal advice and representation: They are not a law firm and do not have licensed attorneys on staff. Providing legal advice and representation requires specialized training and licensing, which is beyond the scope of their business.
- Accounting, bookkeeping, and auditing activities, tax consulting: It requires specialized skills and training that are typically provided by accounting firms or certified public accountants. These activities are outside the scope of their business.
- Architectural, engineering, and other technical advisory activities: They may not offer technical advisory activities such as architectural and engineering services because it requires specialized technical knowledge and expertise. These services are typically provided by firms specializing in these areas.
- Advertising activities: They may seem similar to an advertising agency, but they differ in their focus. While advertising agencies focus primarily on developing and executing advertising campaigns, a Marketing, Public Relations & Communication Consultancy focuses on a broader range of activities, including public relations and communication.
- Market research and public opinion polling: They may offer market research services, but it is typically not their primary focus. Market research and public opinion polling require specialized skills and expertise that are typically provided by firms specializing in these areas.
- Executive placement or search consulting services: This requires specialized knowledge of the job market, recruitment strategies, and selection processes. A Marketing, Public Relations & Communication Consultancy may not have the required expertise to provide these services.
- Educational consulting activities: This requires specialized knowledge of educational systems, curricula, and teaching methods. A Marketing, Public Relations & Communication Consultancy may not have the required expertise to provide these services.
No third party approvals are required for this business activity.
7320.00 – Market Research And Public Opinion Polling
Businesses that engage in Market Research and Public Opinion Polling specialize in researching and analyzing market trends and public opinion. They conduct market research and investigations into the market potential, acceptance, and familiarity of products, as well as the buying habits of consumers for the purpose of sales promotion and development of new products. This involves conducting surveys and collecting data from various sources to understand consumer preferences, attitudes, and behavior towards products or services.
The Market Research and Public Opinion Polling business also conducts statistical analyses of the data collected to identify trends and patterns. The statistical analyses provide valuable insights into market trends and consumer behavior, which can help businesses make informed decisions about marketing strategies and product development.
Apart from investigating market trends, a Market Research and Public Opinion Polling business also conducts investigations into collective opinions of the public about political, economic, and social issues. They gather data on public sentiment and attitudes towards various issues through surveys, polls, and other research methods.The business then conducts statistical analysis of the data collected to identify patterns and trends in public opinion.
There are no activities excluded under this business activity.
Third-Party Approvals – Post License
A business that engages in market research and public opinion polling must request third-party approval from the Ministry of Culture and Youth after acquiring the business license to ensure that their research and polling activities are conducted ethically and in accordance with legal standards.
Businesses that fall under specific categories must fulfill certain requirements to comply with the Economic Substance Test (EST) in the UAE. These requirements include being managed or directed from within the UAE, maintaining an adequate number of full-time staff in the UAE, generating a majority of their income within the UAE, possessing sufficient assets, and exhibiting enough operational expenses in the UAE.
The evaluation of compliance with these requirements must be reported through the submission of the Economic Substance Return (ESR) within one year of the end of the financial year. For instance, companies that had a fiscal year between January 1st, 2019, and December 31st, 2019, must file the notification. Newly established companies must submit their ESR in the following year if their activity requires compliance with the Economic Substance Test.
Business activities 7020.01 and 7320.00 are not subject to ESR.
Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions must comply with anti-money laundering laws and combat the financing of terrorism and illegal organizations, as well as implement Ministry of Economy requirements. Failure to meet the requirements before the campaign deadline will result in fines imposed by the Ministry of Economy. An existing licensee has registered for goAML after the awareness campaign ended on April 30th, 2021. Therefore, new licensees must comply with the requirements after obtaining their license to avoid potential fines.
To create an equitable, effective, and open atmosphere, Meydan Free Zone collaborates with national and international initiatives and measures to prevent money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
Business activities 7020.01 and 7320.00 are not subject to AML regulations.