Sources Of Information And Purposes Of Use:
This includes information provided by you directly to us or collected by your use of our Services. We may obtain information about you (including personal information) from our business partners, such as vendors, and other third parties. You may choose not to provide some or all of your personal information to us but doing so may prevent us from providing our Services to you or limit our ability to provide you with the level of service that you would otherwise expect from us.
Information Collected From You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers including mobile or landline.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Feedback Data: From time to time, we may request your opinions, suggestions, or modification and improvement ideas (“Feedback”) through surveys, or other similar requests. Any responses you provide are voluntary, however you agree that any Feedback you provide shall be owned by MFZ and may be used by MFZ in its sole discretion.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If you fail to provide personal data where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Information collected by automated means (“Automated Information”)
Cookies and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies:
This also helps us, our service providers and partners provide more relevant advertising.
Web Beacons: We and our partners may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a Service or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Service or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that Service. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs: We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers, publisher facing, or app developer platforms that use mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”), or use an SDK with a mobile app that we offer, to collect Information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), and Information connected to how mobile devices interact with our Services and those using our Services. A mobile SDK is the mobile app version of a web beacon (see “Web Beacons” above). The SDK is a bit of computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed. We may use this technology to deliver or help our Partners deliver certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. If you’d like to opt-out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please follow the instructions in the “Your Ad Choices” section below.
By visiting the Service, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Service through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
In addition to cookies, other technologies that may be used by us include:
- “Pixel tags” (also known as a “clear GIFs” or “web beacons”) which are tiny images (in most cases, typically just one-pixel) that can be placed on a web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content, for example, by counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our e-mails or seen one of our web pages.
- “HTML5” (the language some websites, such as mobile websites, are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your website usage activities and to help determine how our Services are being used by our visitors, how the services can be improved and to customize our Services for our users.
Automated Information includes information such as:
- IP address
- Operating system used (for example: iOS, Android)
- Internal resolution of the browser window
- Device type
- Country code
- Identifiers associated with technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address)
- Dates and times of access
- IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers)
- Subscription information
This Automated Information is generally used for the following purposes:
- for the technical provision of our Services in order to be able to provide you with a functioning user-friendly experience;
- to provide you with a secure experience and to take measures to protect our website and mobile applications from cyber risks;
- to uncover insights about your use of our website and mobile applications in order to improve our Services and features, including developing new products and features;
- to facilitate your access to our website or mobile application;
- to customize our Services for you;
- to help us better understand our current and potential customers so that we may market our Services accordingly;
- events and usage data are captured for our internal business analytics in order to understand how our users interact with our mobile applications and use our services. For example, we may capture when a user visits a screen, taps a button, permits notifications, upgrades, or otherwise interacts with the app; and
- Monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of our communications (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
Information Collected From Integrated Services.
We may obtain information, including personal information from third parties and sources that we integrate into our Services either for the provision of our services or to facilitate your access to our Services such as described below.
How Your Personal Data Is Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- subscribe to our services , blogs or publications;
- request marketing information, promotions to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Use of our cost calculator form.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Data
When we use your personal information we may be required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why. The legal bases we may rely on include:
- Consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- Contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests).
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we may rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both personal information and Automated Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources. We may also aggregate and/or de-identify any information that we collect, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate business purposes – including historical and statistical analysis and business planning – without restriction.
|Purpose/Activity||Type Of Data||Lawful Basis For Processing|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity|
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including:|
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e) Marketing & Communication
|(a) Performance of a contract with you|
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:|
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing & Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you|
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity|
(e) Marketing & Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you|
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity|
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)|
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity|
(e) Marketing & Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/ services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/ services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||a) Technical|
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity|
(f) Marketing & Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
How We May Share Information About You With Others
We share your information within MFZ departments for legitimate business purposes, including:
- to assist us in technical processing operations, such as data hosting and maintenance, finance, legal, HR and accounting assistance, securing our data and systems and fighting against spam, abuse, fraud, infringement and other wrongdoings; and
- for corporate audit, analysis and consolidated reporting as well as compliance with applicable laws.
Third Party Service Providers
We may share information about you with the following categories of third-party providers for a variety of business purposes:
- Customer Communications and Insights Platforms: We may share your phone number, email, app usage and interactions with our third-party customer communications platform providers for the following business purposes: performing services that allow us to communicate with you and administer your account as well as track your usage for our internal analytics.
- Internal Business Insights Platforms: Our third-party internal business analytics platform provides us with the tools to help us understand app usage and interactions and uncover insights that allow us to improve our product and features. We may share or make available unique user identifiers, IDFA, device ID, IP address and app usage and events (such as when you subscribed to our services) with these providers for the following business purposes: performing services that allow us to (i) monitor and understand usage in order to enhance existing Services or develop new products and features and (ii) better understand our customers in order to market our products more effectively.
- Measurement and Attribution: The service providers offer tools that allow us to measure and attribute the source of new subscription sign ups and that allow us to uncover insights about usage and app events. We may use unique user identifiers made available to us from these third-party providers to help us measure the effectiveness of our ads (e.g., where and how a user is acquired) and to uncover information about how our customers are using our apps in order to improve their quality and safety. We may also share and/or store unique user identifiers, device IDs, IDFA or IP addresses with these providers for the same purpose.
- Other technology providers: These are necessary to provide our services (including cloud storage and web hosting providers). We may use certain Automated Information and/or aggregate or non-personally identifiable information available with us from customer/ third parties for various purposes including monitoring network traffic to detect malicious actors and to protect against malware, fraud or other unlawful uses or activity.
- Legal, Regulatory, Compliance and Similar reasons. In addition, we may disclose and/or share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (including to comply with a court order, judicial subpoena or other subpoena or warrant), industry standards, judicial process, and our company policies, as well as to protect against, identify, investigate, prevent and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), adverse event reporting, and claims and other liabilities.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information (i) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability, (ii) to protect our rights or property or the legal and property rights of others and (iii) investigate and defend third party claims or allegations against us.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Since there is no industry standard concerning what websites should do when they receive such signals, our websites do not currently process or respond to “do-not-track” (DNT) settings in your web browser. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.Certain third parties, such as ad networks, web analytics companies and social media and networking platforms, collect information about your online activities over time and across websites. These third parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings.
Social Media and Other Communications
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes 10 we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
You may have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including:
- transparency over how we use your use personal information
- requiring us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- requiring the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receiving the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- objecting at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- objecting to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- objecting in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as camera and microphone as well as push notifications. Where applicable, you can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us. What we may need from you We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Time limit to respond We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Credit Card Payments
MFZ has a ‘Secure’ transaction system in place to verify and protect your credit card information. Online payments for events are conducted through a secure and powerful 228 bit encryption to protect your details.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- MFZ will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
- MFZ takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and softwaremethodologies. However, (meydanfz.ae) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
- MFZ is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- The website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
Information Relating to Children
How to Contact Us
You may contact us with questions, comments, or concerns about our Services on firstname.lastname@example.org.