4620.01 Wholesale of Grains and Seeds
Apply for a business license under the Wholesale of Agricultural Raw Materials and Live Animals and choose business activity Wholesale of Grains and Seeds with activity code 4620.01.
With your Wholesale of Grains and Seeds trade license obtained from Meydan Free Zone, you can resale various kinds of cereal. This includes popular grains like rice, wheat, barley, corn, and products like dates, citrus fruits, legumes, beans, chickpeas, and other similar commodities. As a wholesaler, you can procure these cereals in bulk and distribute them to retailers, food processors, and other businesses in the agricultural and food sectors.
Furthermore, your trade license allows you to trade in seeds that have not undergone peeling, blending, or bleaching processes, typically performed to make them edible. This means you can engage in the wholesale trade of seeds for further milling, planting, or other purposes. These seeds can include various types, such as vegetable seeds, fruit seeds, and different types of seeds used in agriculture.
You may specialize in specific types of grains and seeds or offer various options to cater to different customer requirements. This can involve sourcing grains and seeds from both domestic and international markets, considering factors such as quality, variety, and price competitiveness.
Having a Wholesale of Agricultural Raw Materials and Live Animals business license allows you to expand your operations beyond grains and seeds. In addition to Wholesale of Grains and Seeds, this license also allows you to engage in the following wholesale activities:
- Wholesale of Oleaginous Fruits: This involves the distribution and sale of oil-rich fruits such as olives, coconuts, sunflower seeds, and other fruits used for oil extraction or food production purposes.
- Wholesale of Flowers and Plants: You can venture into the wholesale trade of flowers, plants, and horticultural products, catering to florists, nurseries, landscaping businesses, and other related industries.
- Wholesale of Unmanufactured Tobacco: This allows you to trade unprocessed tobacco leaves, supplying tobacco manufacturers, cigar makers, and other businesses involved in the tobacco industry.
- Wholesale of Live Animals: With this license, you can wholesale live animals, which may include livestock, poultry, or other animals intended for breeding, farming, or other purposes.
- Wholesale of Hides and Skins: You can engage in the wholesale trade of hides, skins, and other animal by-products used in industries such as leather production, textile manufacturing, and craftsmanship.
- Wholesale of Leather: This license allows you to wholesale processed leather products, including hides, skins, and various types of leather used in the fashion, footwear, and upholstery industries.
- Wholesale of Agricultural Material: You can distribute agricultural inputs such as fertilizers, pesticides, agricultural machinery, equipment, and other supplies necessary for farming and crop production.
- Wholesale of Waste, Residues, and By-Products Used for Animal Feed: This enables you to trade in waste, residues, and by-products from various industries utilized as animal feed ingredients, contributing to the recycling and utilization of such materials.
Diversifying your wholesale business allows you to appeal to a broader customer base, tap into different markets, and increase revenue.
With your Wholesale of Grains and Seeds business license, you cannot perform any activity related to the wholesale trade of textile fibers. This means that your license does not permit you to offer wholesale of textile fibers such as cotton, wool, silk, synthetic fibers, or any other materials used in the textile industry.
Third-Party Approvals – Post License
After obtaining your Wholesale of Grains and Seeds trade license, you must get additional approval from the Agriculture and Irrigation Department of the Dubai Municipality. This third-party approval is necessary to ensure compliance with specific regulations and standards related to agricultural practices, animal welfare, public health, and environmental considerations.
Economic Substance Return
The Wholesale of Grains and Seeds (4620.01) activity in Dubai is exempt from regulatory requirements like Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO) and Economic Substance Regulations (ESR). Entities in this sector are not obligated to comply with these regulations as they do not apply to these specific business activities.
Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
Dubai ensures the integrity of its financial system through Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, which prevents money laundering and terrorist financing. However, AML regulations do not apply to the Wholesale of Grains and Seeds (4620.01) business activity in Dubai.